Austin Recovery provides compassionate and effective drug and alcohol treatment since 1967. We are seeking a full time Billing Coordinator for our facility in Austin, TX.
All Austin Recovery properties are tobacco free environments, anyone who accepts an offer of employment will not be allowed to use tobacco products on any of the properties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of Accounts Receivable for client accounts that are funded by commercial insurance.
- Manage all aspects of Accounts Receivable for client accounts that are funded by State/Contract Billing.
- Enters daily transactions in Sage Accounting system, and performs daily/weekly/monthly reconciliations of insurance receivables.
- Responsible for handling processes surrounding the billing, management, collection, analysis and settlement of client accounts.
- Balance critical responsibilities daily, including answering phones, sorting and filing documents, and conducting research with and for the Utilization Review associate.
- Responsible for daily interaction with clients and customers and being the face of Austin Recovery.
- Coordinates all billing for services provided across agency including balance billing.
- Processes all appeals and coordinates with Utilization Review department.
- Follows up on all unpaid accounts.
- Coordinates completion of Provider Enrollment Applications for appropriate staff.
- Ensures that all insurance contracts are maintained and provider information is updated as needed.
- Assists Call Center with insurance verification and acts as billing liaison with clients and families.
- Provides insurance company with all required information to insure timely payment.
- Assists in completion of applications for insurance contracts.
- Performs data entry and associated tasks for billing and collections reporting.
- Provides reports regarding AR and collection efforts.
- Provides statement to clients as requested.
- Assists Business Office Manager with special projects as needed.
- Maintain monthly aging report and follows up with insurance carriers on unpaid balances.
- Reviews monthly reports, reconciliations as requested by Business Office Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Additional training and experience in behavioral health billing.
- Knowledge of insurance procedure coding and diagnostic coding (DSM IV) required.
- Experience with accounts receivable activities.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook required.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- General ledger knowledge and experience preferred.
- A valid Texas driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Communicates orally with management, co-workers and the public in face-to face, one-to-one, and group settings.
- Regularly uses a telephone for communication.
- Uses office equipment such as computer terminals, copiers, and fax machines.
- Sits for extended time periods.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges.
- Uses hands to finger, handle and feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
Please click on this link to apply Billing Coordinator. EOE