Direct Care Staff, Night Shift (11p-7a)
Austin Recovery provides effective and compassionate drug and alcohol treatment since 1967. We are currently seeking dedicated night shift direct care staff to work from 11:00 pm - 7:00 am at our facility in Austin, Texas.
All Austin Recovery properties are 100% tobacco free environments.
As of December 1, 2011, Austin Recovery does not hire individuals who use nicotine products. Anyone who accepts an offer of employment with Austin Recovery will be tested for nicotine during pre-employment testing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor clients during the 11:00pm -7:00am shifts.
- Promote and ensure client safety at all time
- Facilitate clients self-administration of medication and reconciles medication inventories
- Respond to problems and crisis according to facility procedures and behavior management guidelines
- Document client information in appropriate treatment system.
- Communicate client behavior/interaction with counseling staff/coordinators
- Respond to problems and crisis according to facility procedures and behavior management guidelines.
- Perform related tasks as assigned by Team Leader
- Must be dependable and reliable
- Must have a working knowledge of 12-Step support groups (AA/NA/CA)
- Must have interest and knowledge in chemical dependency
- Must have the ability to model appropriate boundaries
- Must have a valid Texas driver's license
- Must be certified in Red Cross CPR/First Aid upon hire or enrolled within 30 days of hire.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services field preferred.
- 1-2 years expereince in a residential treatment environment.
Please click this link to apply: Direct Care Staff/ Night Shift 11p-7a. EOE.