Director of Clinical Services
Austin Recovery provides affordable, effective and compassionate drug and alcohol treatment since 1967.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, evaluate, and implement evidence based clinical and psychoeducational curricula and best practices for all programs.
- Coordinate services for specific clinical programs in cooperation with the Director of Residential Services at each assigned location.
- Assigns, directs, and supervises work efforts of Counselors, Counselor Interns, and support staff in cooperation with the Director of Residential Services at each assigned location.
- Periodically evaluates, and provides performance feedback to subordinates.
- Maintains quality, confidentiality, and continuity of all required documentation and records.
- Monitors programming for evidence based adherence to ensure quality of content.
- Schedules employee work times and case assignments to maintain adequate client and facilities supervision at all times.
- Maintains patient caseload and facilitates didactic or therapy groups, as needed.
- Directs and monitors work efforts of counselors in training, and support staff.
- Maintains liaison with outside funding and collaborative agencies.
- Trains new counselor interns by being available to answer questions and help with record keeping.
- Ensures programs functions with clinical integrity and maintains compliance with licensure standards.
- Interviews, assigns, schedules and supervises clinical and assigned support staff.
- Obtains continuing education credits as required to maintain professional credentials and licensure.
- Develop and maintain agency manual for all Austin Recovery clinical programs.
- Determine and monitor program workload targets, evaluate staff productivity and quality of services, develop/implement program policies and operating procedures, and ensure that the facility is in compliance with administrative and licensing requirements.
- Implementation of UR and QA initiatives.
- Participate in the selection, orientation and training of staff, and acting as a program liaison to community groups.Coordinate activities with other agencies and departments,
- Coordinate the clinical internship program.
- Provide/promote excellent customer service for all internal and external customers.
- Performs other related assignments as directed by the CEO.
- Current licensure as an LMSW or LPC required. LCSW or LPC-S preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented with good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of computer software and email.
- Must have ability to deal with crisis situations.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s Degree in social services or related clinical field required.
- Education and/or experience in management required.
- Ten years experience in field of adult alcohol/drug abuse treatment or related social services delivery field.
- Minimum five years supervisory/ management experience.
- Couselor Interns, Counselors, Coordinators, Senior Counselors and Support Staff.
- Communicates orally with management, co-workers and the public in face-to face, one-to-one, and group settings.
- Regularly makes complex decisions regarding program structure, routines and programming schedules and addresses staff performance concerns orally and in writing.
- Make decisions in cooperation with HR about the performance and behavior of program staff and holds staff accountable to a high level of excellence in performance.
- Thoroughly, accurately and timely documents problems and progress concerning individual staff members and overall programs improvements. Consults with HR before taking any written corrective action with staff.
- Demonstrates proficiency with office equipment such as computers, computer software programs copiers, and fax machines.
- Sits stands and walks for extended time periods to ensure staff and program compliance. Manages by walking around.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges.
- Uses hands and fingers for manual dexterity to manipulate computer keyboards and document in writing.
Please click this link to apply: Director of Clinical Services. EOE.