Austin Recovery provides affordable, effective and compassionate drug and alcohol treatment since 1967. We are currently seeking full-time dedicated Direct Care Staff/Driver for our Admissions Program.
All Austin Recovery properties are tobacco free environments, anyone who accepts an offer of employment will not be allowed to use tobacco products on any of the properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor clients during non-structured intervals, promoting and ensuring client safety at all times.
- Performs administrative, clerical and housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Facilitate and reconcile medication inventories for admission.
- Document client admission information in appropriate program records and communicate with programs regarding new admits.
- Communicate client behavior/interaction and other concerns with counseling staff or Admissions Specialist.
- Accompany clients to programs when possible and formally introduce them to program staff.
- Respond to problems and crisis according to facility procedures and behavior management guidelines.
- Orient clients to the Austin Recovery, the admissions process, the process for the day and the program which they are being admitted.
- Search luggage, bags and persons using establish protocol and place in plastic bags.
- Dry and/or wash client’s personal effects using established protocol.
- Perform all driving functions for the department.
- Transports clients to & from designated locations.
- Run errands in support of administrative, clinical, and direct care staff.
- Drives to other locations for meetings and training.
- Maintain vehicle records and routine maintenance.
- Perform related tasks as assigned by Director of Admissions.
- A working knowledge of 12-Step Support Groups (A.A./N.A.)
- Interest and knowledge in Chemical Dependency.
- Ability to model appropriate boundaries.
- Customer service oriented with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to establish trust and rapport with clients and families.
- Works well with a team and able to perform under pressure.
- A valid Texas Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
- Proficient in multiple computer programs to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree Preferred
- High School diploma or G.E.D Required
- Must be Red Cross CPR/First Aid certified upon hire or within 2 weeks of hire.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Communicates orally with management, co-workers and the public in face-to face, one-to-one, and group settings.
- Regularly uses a telephone for communication.
- Uses office equipment such as computer terminals, copiers, and Fax machines.
- Sits for extended time periods.
- Drives company vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges.
- Uses hands to finger, handle and feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Must be able to lift 25 to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to drive a van.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Director of Admissions and Team Leader
Please click this link to apply: Admissions DCS/Driver. EOE.