LVN or RN
Austin Recovery provides compassionate and effective drug and alcohol treatment since 1967. We are currently seeking a part time LVN or RN in Austin, Texas.
All Austin Recovery properties are 100% tobacco free environments.
As of December 1, 2011, Austin Recovery will no longer hire individuals who use nicotine products. Applicants who profess to use nicotine will not have their applications processed. Anyone who is offered and accepts a position with Austin Recovery will be tested for nicotine during our regular post-offer pre-employment testing. Applicants who test positive for nicotine will be eliminated from consideration and pending job offers will be rescinded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make relevant entries in client’s medical charts.
- Monitors clients’ vital signs for withdrawal signs/symptoms.
- Administers medication when ordered by Medical Director.
- Writes reports as required
- Assists physician during medical history interviews and physical exams.
- Completes nursing assessments on clients admitted to Detox.
- Maintains unit milieu, and provides for a safe and secure environment.
- Attends job-related meetings; in-service training and staff development training.
- Performs other related assignments as directed by Nurse Manager.
- Current Texas LVN or RN credentials
- Must be Red Cross CPR/First Aid certified upon hire or within two weeks of hire.
- Good communication skills, ability to work with co-workers and establish rapport with clients.
- Skill to coordinate work with other AR departments, agencies, organizations, individuals and the public.
- Ability to work flexible hours and on call.
Education and Experience:
- At least one-year previous experience working in the field of alcoholism/drug addiction preferred.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Communicates orally with management, co-workers and the public in face-to face, one-to-one, and group settings.
- Regularly uses a telephone for communication.
- Uses office equipment such as computer terminals, copiers, and Fax machines.
- Sits for extended time periods.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges.
- Uses hands to finger, handle and feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Required to stand and walk.
Please click this link to apply: LVN or RN. EOE.