Austin Recovery provides affordable, effective and compassionate drug and alcohol treatment since 1967. We are currently seeking a full-time Parent Educator.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- 24 hours afternoon/evening on-site at Family House with families in residential treatment and 16 hours of home visiting parent education in the field to include:
- residential parent education classes
- maintenance of residential child playroom
- maintenance of residential parent/child resource lending library
- one-on-one parent education
- parent education needs assessment and service plan
- addressing issues such as child physical, emotional and mental development, positive guidance and discipline, attachment/bonding, nutrition, safety, routine and other issues appropriate to parenting
- modeling appropriate parenting techniques to parent
- providing pre- and post-natal information
- Attend and assist with organized parenting events as needed
- Supervise 1 to 2 interns
- Provide technical assistance to CRADLES case managers
- Provide technical assistance and training to Austin Recovery staff
- Interface with other community resources, client service providers, CPS workers and other professionals when necessary
- Case notes, Case file maintenance
- Complete monthly reports, maintain mileage & expenditure logs
- Attend bi-monthly team meetings and weekly clinical meetings
- Knowledge of pre and post natal child development and parent education.
- Experience working with high need, low income families with very young children.
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Must be able to work independently and with a team.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Must have workable knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel applications.
- Must have reliable transportation and valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Must pass drug test and criminal background check.
- Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) a plus
- Knowledge of chemical dependency a plus
- Bilingual a plus
Education & Experience:
- BS or Master’s level education in human/child development, family studies or other related field..
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Communicates orally with management, co-workers and the public in face-to face, one-to-one, and group settings.
- Regularly uses a telephone for communication.
- Uses office equipment such as computer terminals, copiers, and Fax machines.
- Sits for extended time periods.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges.
- Uses hands to finger, handle and feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to stand, walk, and be fully mobile.
Please click this link to apply: Parent Educator. EOE.