Counselor II - Weekend Shift
Austin Recovery provides affordable, effective and compassionate drug and alcohol treatment since 1967. We are currently seeking a part-time Counselor for the weekend shift.
All Austin Recovery properties are 100% tobacco free environments.
As of December 1, 2011, Austin Recovery will no longer hire individuals who use nicotine products. Applicants who profess to use nicotine will not have their applications processed. Anyone who is offered and accepts a position with Austin Recovery will be tested for nicotine during our regular post-offer pre-employment testing. Applicants who test positive for nicotine will be eliminated from consideration and pending job offers will be rescinded.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Clinical Director to support women’s services and family activities in weekend programming.
- Participates in program delivery, including family presentations and monitoring family visitation.
- Consults with primary weekend counselors on clinical issues.
- Conducts assessments, treatment planning, treatment plan reviews and discharge planning as needed.
- Performs crisis intervention as needed.
- Documents significant events in CMBHS.
- Documents family programming for compliance with internal performance standards, external funding source objectives, and external licensure standards.
- Attends training sessions, conferences, and other program information-related activities as instructed by Clinical Director.
- Attends and participates in clinical meetings one time per month, or as instructed by Clinical Director.
- Participates in in-service training sessions as required by the agency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Background in Family Systems
- Ability to relate to disadvantaged individuals in early-stage recovery from addiction.
- Solid knowledge, experience and/or certifications in chemical dependency treatment
- Knowledge of the 12-step program and process
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills, record keeping skills; spreadsheet and database knowledge required.
- Leadership ability
- Knowledge of community resources for high-risk families.
Education & Experience:
- Current LMFT, LPC or LCSW licensure.
- 2 years experience providing therapeutic services
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Communicates verbally with management, co-workers and the public in face-to face, one-to-one, and group settings.
- Regularly uses a telephone for communication.
- Uses office equipment such as computer terminals, copiers, and fax machines.
- Sits for extended time periods.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges.
- Uses hands to finger, handle and feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
Hours of Work:
- Saturday: 8 hours; Sunday: 8 hours
- Participate in clinical meeting once a month as directed by Clinical Director
- Participate in individual clinical supervision once a month
- Hours flexible as monitored by Clinical Director
Please click this link to apply: Counselor II - Weekend Shift. EOE.