Detox Comfortably: Drug and Alcohol Medical Detox Program
Many people try to stop using drugs or alcohol on their own. This can be very painful -- even deadly -- and is often prohibitive to sobriety or staying clean. At Austin Recovery, we help our clients safely withdraw from mood-altering chemicals and allow them the chance at a new life.
Our fully licensed detoxification unit operates under the guidance and direction of a Board-Certified and ASAM-Certified Addictionologist. Clients receive around-the-clock nursing care and ongoing sessions with counselors. Motivational interviewing encourages all clients to seek the appropriate level of follow-up care.
Detox is required for fewer than half of the clients entering Austin Recovery. The average length of stay in detox is five to seven days. You can make an appointment by email or contact our admissions team by calling 512-697-8600 or 800-373-2081.
Clients may check in to Austin Recovery for detox only or extend their treatment from detox to one of our residential programs. Doctors and therapists wishing to learn more about detox for their clients should call our admissions team at 512-697-8600 or 800-373-2081.
Contact Us to get started now.
Those participating in Austin Recovery's detox program experience:
- Guidance and direction from a certified Addictionologist
- Around the clock nursing care
- Individual sessions with counselors as needed
- Case management as needed
- Lectures on relapse prevention and post-acute withdrawal syndrome
- Introduction to the 12-Step philosophy and 12-Step meetings
- Experience-based treatment (Musical Journey & Meditation)
- Phone access (please bring long-distance calling cards)
- Information on what to expect from recovery and how to reach recovery.