Short-Term Residential Program
Short-Term treatment is approximately 30 days in length. While 30-days of treatment is often effective, the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) recommends longer stays of treatment to allow the brain and body to heal more completely.
Austin Recovery provides Short-Term treatment for both men and women at separate locations. To provide the most comprehensive treatment possible, we focus on three areas of treatment: the 12-Step philosophy of Alcoholics Anonymous, evidence-based treatment and experience-based treatment. Our Transformational Treatment Model aims to bring about the in-depth cognitive, behavioral, and spiritual changes that we believe are essential for overcoming addiction.
The agency is celebrating 40 years of service to our community and our mission is supported by hundreds of volunteers and donors led by a very dedicated staff and board of directors. The financial support we receive from our donors helps us keep quality treatment within the reach of many.
To make an appointment or gather more information on addiction treatment and rehab, please contact our admissions team by calling 512-697-8600 or 800-373-2081.
Clients in Short-Term Residential Treatment experience:
- Each client completes and frequently updates an individualized treatment plan with their counselor. The individualized treatment plan is focused on helping clients identify and resolve relapse issues while successfully transitioning to the next level of care.
- Individual sessions with a licensed counselor weekly
- Daily education on chemical dependency
- Daily group therapy
- Experience-based therapies (Musical Journey, drumming circles, etc)
- First five steps of the 12-Step program
- Introduction to 12-Step meetings
- Active Austin Recovery Alumni participation
- Weekly phone calls (length & number determined by primary counselor)
- No computer or cell phones